Our delivery: 2007
- 350-ton steel frame with installation
- Sandwich panels, 3,000 m²
- Developer: Sports Facilities of Western Vantaa
- Architect: Siren Architects
- Project management services: Sweco CMU
- Structural designer: Magnus Malmberg Oy
Energia Arena meets the requirements for international competitions, but it also offers multiple training opportunities. In addition, the construction of the arena served as a pilot project for control procedures of structural safety.
The pilot project was conducted by the Finnish Ministry of the Environment, with a focus on recognising the critical issues in construction.
The complex steel frame of the building is the result of Ruukki’s efforts. The exterior walls are made of Ruukki’s sandwich panels.