Our delivery: 2008
- Steel frame including installation
- Installation of concrete elements
- Customer: Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Construction consultant: Demaco Oy
- Main project contractor: SRV Group Plc
- Architect: Haroma & Partners Oy
- Structural designer: Finnmap Consulting Oy
Flamingo is the first ever Nordic leisure centre. A walkway bridge connects the centre to the adjacent Jumbo shopping mall, also built using a Ruukki steel frame. Because the project was implemented segment by segment, constant up-to-date information concerning the progress of the frame was available.
The high-quality structural design and accurate supervision of the steel frame’s delivery were so successful that the building was completed ahead of schedule.
The installation workers who erected the steel frame also installed the concrete element structures.