Our delivery: 2011
- Structural design, manufacture, and installation of a 315-ton steel frame
- 2,500 m² of sandwich panels
- 8,000 m² of load-bearing profiled sheets
- Installation and grouting of concrete elements
- Developer: Kesko Food
- Construction Contractor: Skanska Talonrakennus Oy
- Architectural Designer: Arkkitehti Oy Asmala
- Structural Designer: Contria Oy
One of Finland’s leading provides of trading sector services, Kesko, will invest in a new 7,000-square meter K-citymarket department store in the town of Kauhajoki. The store, which is set to open in 2012, will improve the town’s level of services. The property will feature additional space for other businesses and services.
Ruukki’s delivery consists of the steel frame, sandwich panel elements for the façades, load-bearing profiled sheets for the roof, as well as the installation and grouting of the concrete elements. The steel frame will be fire protected according to Ruukki’s certificate from the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
“In the Kauhajoki project, Ruukki’s certified fire protection solution and energy-efficient façade system impacted the choice of supplier” -Construction manager Matti Tapio from Kesko Food