Our delivery: 2010
- 500-ton steel frame with installation
- Sandwich panels, 8,000 m²
- Profiled sheets for façades, 5,000 m²
- Load-bearing profiled sheets for the roof, 3,000 m²
- Customer/Developer: Nordic Mines AB
- Project Management: Ahma Engineers Ltd
- Architect: Linja Architects Ltd
The construction of Laivakangas Gold Mine, which will be located near the city of Raahe, commenced in the spring of 2010. The mine is set to begin operations in 2011, at which time it will become one of the largest goldmines in Europe.
Ruukki’s delivery consisted of the structural design, production and installation of steel frames for the concentrating plant, ore storage building and crushing plant, façade elements and profiled sheets, as well as load-bearing profiled sheets for the roof.