Our delivery: 2010
- 700-ton steel frame with installation
- 6,600 m² of sandwich panels
- 25,000 m² of load-bearing profiled sheets
- Dry installation of hollow-core slabs
- Fire protection of steel frame according to VTT certificate
- Developer: Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Main Contractor: Skanska Talonrakennus Oy, Central Finland
- Architectural Designer: Arkkitehtuuritoimisto Martti Vähäniitty Oy
- Structural Designer: Finmacon Oy Central Finland
Palokankeskus III is one of the most significant shopping center ventures in the Jyväskylä region. When the third phase is completed, the complete surface area of the mall will approach 80,000 square meters.
Ruukki’s part of the project consisted of a steel frame, load-bearing profiled sheets with installation, and dry installation of hollow-core slabs. Ruukki also supplied sandwich panels for the exterior walls, and steel frames and profiled sheets for the outdoor sheds. The steel frame was fire protected according to Ruukki’s certificate from the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland. The protection method utilizes the building’s fire sprinkler system, helping the customer avoid extra expenses related to fire protection.