11/2020 – 03/2021
- Designing, manufacturing and implementation of the frame structures of the Tram depot and maintenance building
- Delivery of the steel frame and load-bearing sheets
- Installation of concrete elements with casting materials
YIT Suomi Oy
Arkkitehtityöhuone APRT Oy Teemu Palo
- Structural engineering:
The Jokeri Light Rail line is being built between Itäkeskus in Helsinki and Keilaniemi in Espoo Finland. Nordec was designing, manufacturing and implementing the frame structures of the tram depot and maintenance building.
The Raide-Jokeri project focused especially on our strong design expertise. We were able to coordinate structural and functional solutions into a cost-effective whole. With our design, we were able to optimize the use of steel and significantly reduce the carbon footprint of the structures.
- total area of the building: 12 880 m2
- 560 tons of steel structures
- 11 000 m2 load-bearing sheets
- 3000 m2 concrete elements