Project: New arena
Our delivery: 2007
- 350-ton steel frame with installation
- Sandwich panels, 3,000 m²
- Developer: Sports Facilities of Western Vantaa
- Architect: Siren Architects
- Project management services: Sweco CMU
- Structural designer: Magnus Malmberg Oy
Energia Arena meets the requirements for international competitions, but it also offers multiple training opportunities. In addition, the construction of the arena served as a pilot project for control procedures of structural safety.
The pilot project was conducted by the Finnish Ministry of the Environment, with a focus on recognising the critical issues in construction.
The complex steel frame of the building is the result of Ruukki’s efforts. The exterior walls are made of Ruukki’s sandwich panels.
The references shown are only a small part of the projects we have done, and the most recent ones are yet to come.
Are you interested to know more, please contact us!