Project: New building
Our delivery: 2011 – 2012
- Steel piles of the foundation, altogether nearly 5 km
- Around 1,100 m of energy piles were used in 38 piling points
- RR 170×10 600 m
- RR 220×10 3,000 m
- RR 220×12,5 1,400 m
- 270-ton steel frame with structural design and installation
- 2,400 m2 of prefabricated external wall elements with structural design and installation
- Installation of concrete elements
- Investor: Technopolis Oyj
- Lead Contractor: NCC Construction Ltd
- Architectural Designer: Arkjaatiset Oy
- Structural engineering design: Insinööritoimisto Mittatyö Suomi Oy
- LEED & Energy Consultant: Janercon Oy
- Piling contractor: Maajukka Oy
- Geotechnical design: Ramboll Finland Oy
- Energy pile simulation: Granlund Oy
Energy pile partner: Uponor Corporation
Office building Technopolis Innova 2, located in the centre of city of Jyväskylä, is extended with another 6-storey building, about 10,000 gross square metre.
- The Technopolis Innova 2 office building is the first building in Finland to use energy piles utilising ground-source heat. The energy piles were jointly developed by Ruukki and Uponor.
- The steel piles used in foundation construction serve as both the foundation and as energy piles collecting free energy from the ground.
- Energy piles are ideal for commercial buildings, where both heat and cooling are required.
- The use of energy piles improves the energy efficiency of a building and reduces its carbon footprint.
- Ruukki will also deliver the building’s steel frame and prefabricated wall elements including structural design and installation.
- The building is designed to fulfill the requirements for Energy Class B. LEED certification will be pursued for the building.
”Energy efficiency was a particularly important aspect in construction of the building. Energy piles meet about 50% of the building’s energy requirement for heating and 40% of the energy requirement for cooling. The first experiences of the system have been very encouraging.”
Samuel Koivisto, Director, Jyväskylä operations, Technopolis Plc
The references shown are only a small part of the projects we have done, and the most recent ones are yet to come.
Are you interested to know more, please contact us!